Kitchen Notice Board

$10

Hey friends!

On one of my daily strolls outside I came across this wooden frame. I couldn't believe someone was getting rid of it. It is solid wood, a really nice size, and in perfect condition. I took it home because well, you know how it goes, some idea will come along eventually!

It sat in my hallway for a few days, and then it came to me!

I had this roll of fabric, which I'm pretty sure is meant to be a table runner. I had a lot of it, so figured this would be a great addition to my frame.

Measure the Fabric

The first thing I did was measure the fabric to the length of the frame. (Keep in mind to keep it long enough to be tacked onto the back of the frame.) Then I cut out two pieces. I ended up only needing one!

Turn the frame over

I then turned the frame over so that I could begin tacking in the fabric.

Nail it in!

I really was planning on using my staple gun, but it had run out of staples and I wasn't in the mood to wait, so.... good ol' hammer and nails it is!

These are the little nails I used. Make sure to pull the fabric tight before you nail it in, so that it sits securely in the frame.

Flip it back over

This is what it looked like once the fabric was secured to the back. At this point I wasn't sure I was finished yet. I let it sit overnight while I thought about it. When I woke up the next morning I looked at it and was like hey, I like it!

Hang it!

It is the perfect addition to this awkward space in our kitchen. There are cabinets right above it, and I was never sure what to put here.

I used some clothespins I had on hand to hang my photos and notes. I think it looks super cute!

The End!

• Val

Super cute! Great idea.

• Flipturn

If you wanted the whole back covered (instead of the wall showing through) with the pretty paper, but still wanted the horizontal edge to clip items to, just overlap two pieces of the backing paper.

Or, peel and stick words on the empty wall above the clip edge would be another alternative to creating further dimension.