How to Make a Bee Skep Wreath

$25

Bee Skeps are so popular right now for decoration and I wanted something incorporating them to go on my front door! You can see more of my crafts and creations here.

Start with a bee skep-shaped piece of foam core. Using jute rope, hot glue the rope around the edge around the edge of the foam core and then begin gluing the rope back and forth across the skep shape. 

Continue back and forth across the foam core. Make sure you push each layer of the rope down tightly against the one beneath it. You won’t want any of the white to show through.  

Continue to finish the layers. How much rope you need will depend upon the size of your rope and the size of your skep.  

When you finish at the top of your skep, take the rope and continue to wrap the rope around the edge of the skep once more. 

Glue a circle of the same rope and secure with hot glue to your bee skep

Paint the inside of the circle with  black acrylic paint. use a rough bristle brush to work the paint down into the rope so that none of the rope shows through. 

Begin with an 18 inch straw wreath form. Do not take the plastic wrap off of the wreath. I picked classic black and white buffalo check ribbon. Get out greening pins. Use two of the greening pins to secure the ends of the ribbon into the straw wreath. 

Begin wrapping the ribbon around the wreath, overlapping each end so that none of the straw wreath form shows through. When you complete wrapping the wreath, secure the other ends of the ribbon with another pair of greening pins. 

I layered three ribbons, the buffalo check, a burlap look with bees on it and the white ribbon with bees on it. Tie a bow with some ribbons you like! 

A SteelPix machine will add steel picks onto the flowers I will add to my wreath. These will make it easy to add the flowers into the straw wreath form. 

I selected yellow gerbera daisies and white geranium blossoms to nestle among the ribbons on the wreath. 

Attach the bee skep with hot glue to the wreath and add a couple of blooms at the base of the bee skep. 

Bees!!! It is missing bees!  How adorable are these little bees I found on Amazon! These are sweet little needle-felted bees. 

My wreath is now ready to greet the coming season on my door! 

Consider making a sweet bee skep wreath to your front door! My DIY decorative bee skeps sit on the table on my front porch, carrying through my bee theme this summer! I would love to have you stop by my blog, Celebrate & Decorate for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Chloe Crabtree