How To Make Garden Dish Flowers

$3
1 Day

When Hometalk asked me to create garden dish flowers for Hometalk TV, I was so excited! These are super easy to make, no drilling required, you can use repurposed or thrift store dishes, and they look great in your yard! You can see more of my crazy creations here

Clean your Dishes

I washed the dishes I picked up from a thrift store, removed the labels, and then wiped them down with rubbing alcohol.

Paint Your Dishes

I used Apple Barrel Multi-Surface paint for this project. I painted the petals onto the back of the plate and let that dry completely. Make sure to read the back of the bottle for cure times.

Next I painted the desert dish that would go on top of the plate. I painted the bottom of the dish, and then painted more petals onto the side of the dish.

Glue the Dishes

I used E6000 and glued the dessert dish to the plate. You could use silicone as well.

Glue on the Stem

I used a serving fork for my stem so that it would be strong enough to hold the dish. I E6000 glued the fork to the back of the dish and let that dry completely.

Put them on display

Once they're dried (and again make sure to check the cure times), place them outside to enjoy! You can see more of my dish flower creations here - https://chascrazycreations.com/garden-flowers-made-from-dishes/

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Rynn

My friend gave me a lovely glass flower similar to yours. It was glued together and seemed really tight, however, it was not outside too many days before it came apart. i assume the glue got hot in the sun. Any ideas so i can put it back outside? It is currently back together inside in a large pot, but would like to put it in my garden. Thanks!