How do I paint a pebble stone bathroom shower floor?

+4
  • FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on May 05, 2020

Are the pebbles already installed and you want to paint over them? Or are you looking to make a floor look like pebbles? :)

• Hope Hope on May 05, 2020

The pebbles stone was already in the shower floor before I bought the house and with all the cleaning/ scrubbing the pebbles are fading in some spots and becoming smooth so I thought I could paint it white to make it look prettier it a small shower only stall

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on May 05, 2020

I think that would be a big mistake. First, all paint on tile will peel once scratched and only last a few years. Second, Once it starts to peel it will be next to impossible to strip and paint it again - it will just be ruined. Third, that floor is kind of expensive and exspensive looking. Painting would be like putting vinyl over marble. If you really must paint it, use the epoxy paint kits made for that sold at paint stores. Step by step instructions are in the kits. Prep is extremely important.

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on May 05, 2020

I don't think the paint would hold up very well.

• Mogie Mogie on May 05, 2020

Wouldn't be a good idea to paint that. You would be redoing this on a regular basis.

• Jean Saxon Jean Saxon on Apr 12, 2021

I have a pebble stone floor in my Leni and I hate it. Can I paint it carpeting lor tile it

• Jean Saxon Jean Saxon on Apr 12, 2021

Can I paint a pebble stone in my lenai, carpet or tile it. I hate the look of it.