I have a Half wall shelf in kitchen

+12

How do I Display on this half wall in kitchen ???

OR should I add glass display shelves to it?

q i have a half wall shelf in kitchen

This is the shelf, I an thinking of removing hanging items, unless someone has better ideas?

help, please! Yes

• Gk Gk on May 05, 2020

Do you have any items you will to collect? You could line them up on your shelf. I like to collect farmhouse style white pottery items like soup tureens, canisters, rabbits, etc. I could see myself displaying them on this half wall. I think if you were going to keep hanging things about the shelf I would consider 3 of the same thing at the same height or the two end ones longer and shorter in the middle. I especially love your plant! Three of those would look fabulous!

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on May 05, 2020

I wouldn't display anything on it. Is it open below? I'd be afraid it'd get knocked off.

• Mogie Mogie on May 05, 2020

If you put a small lip across the front edge of the shelves that would help hold stuff in place somewhat. You could also get some double sided velcro or tape and put that on the bottom of each piece and a second piece on the shelf. But that is rather permanent.

• If the items are small, use museum wax. I would stay away from breakable items.

• Betsy Betsy on May 05, 2020

Hi Jenilynn: First of all, that scared me:) I have vertigo and can see myself and your stuff going over the edge :) You might be able to put up a plexiglass wall, or something similar, on the back side of the shelf and then attach some shelving in front of that from wall to wall, but not to the plexiglass. This way your stuff won't take a header down the stairs and maybe hit someone :/ The plexiglass will still let the light shine through and not make the stairway dark. You can make wooden or plexiglass shelving to keep it airy. Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on May 05, 2020

You could add shelving on the sides and use to display items. I would probably just leave it open and sit some candles on it. Anything you put on the rail, secure with poster putty on the bottom.

• Be sure you take care of making sure items don't get knocked off and over first as technically this isn't a shelf. There are lots of ways to dress this up, it all depends on your style and desired goals, but key is to make sure nothing will accidentally fall off.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on May 05, 2020

I wouldn't use it as a shelf. But, you could put a shelving unit in front of it. Good luck and stay safe!

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on May 05, 2020

I am too clumsy to have any kind of items on a shelf like yours. Your hanging items are a good bare space filler without the "shelf clutter". It seems like if 1 item is placed on it, it attracts more and more.

The plant goes well with the hanging light, I would consider 2 more plants to balance it out, a symmetry.

• Deb K Deb K on May 05, 2020

Hello Jenylynncook, I think the spider plant and the cage would look nice on the shelf and look less cluttered, you want to put the cage up closer to the wall so it won't get knocked over, and put the plant about at the half way mark so it won't get knocked over. It should look nice.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on May 05, 2020

Glass shelf’s would be nice easy to clean and look nice to

• William William on May 06, 2020

That is not a shelf. It's a half wall made to prevent anyone falling down below and still have an open feel. Put anything on it and it can accidentally be knocked below. I would lower the birdcage and the wind chime slightly but staggered.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on May 07, 2020

just add so plants or even fake plants there things that won't get destroyed if they fall off