Desert Rose?

+9

Does anyone know how long the roots of a Desert Rose will last in a bubble wrap manilla envelope? I want to mail one but not sure if it can be picked up right away from post office.

Thanks for your help.

• Betsy Betsy on May 05, 2020

Hi Penne: First of all, make sure that the plant can go to the state (if it's another one) through the mail. Next, you should place the roots into some loose fibre type cushioning, like fine mulch, that will absorb any shock to the plant. Water the roots well, wrap in the fibre loosley, and put into the platic bag, poking holes to allow for air transfer, as opposed to it getting all moldy and then in another plastic bag. I wouldn't count on it being a good plant after 5 or 6 days like this. The plants should be available in most garden stores. Good luck

• Deb K Deb K on May 05, 2020

Hello Penne, hope this little video helps you out, I think you can just what she does to pack the desert rose for shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZxjet3c_k

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on May 05, 2020

Wet newspaper wrap around the roots then put in a plastic zip lock bag

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on May 05, 2020

HiPenne, there is a really good video on you tube about shipping desert rose plants. Hope this is helpful.

Maria’s Garden

Maria’s Garden

32K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE

This video is about how I ship your desert rose and you well get full instructions on what you need and how to plant them please visit my site at mariasgarden.us

SHOW MORE

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on May 06, 2020

Here's a video that might help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZxjet3c_k

• Em Em on May 06, 2020

Soak the roots then place in a coffee filter with a small amount of damp soil. Attach a rubber band or string around to hold in place. Wrap in bubble wrap then secure again. Should be fine to ship most anywhere since it only takes a few days to get most anywhere these days. Just make sure you aren't shipping to someplace where there are regulations against shipping live plants. Ask at the post office before you mail.

• Penne Johnson Penne Johnson on May 06, 2020

I guess everyone misunderstood my question. Just want to know how long the plant can stay in the bubble wrapped when I ORDER one as post office is a distance away and must go every 3-4 weeks to get mail. Thanks guys YOur feedback was great if I was mailing it. Penne

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on May 06, 2020

It should be fine for a week or so.

• I've received these before in mail, but they were wrapped in a slightly wet paper towel with plastic wrapped around it.

• Cindy Cindy on May 06, 2020

Hi Penne. You might get the ordering company to delay the shipment. A lot of times you pay extra for faster shipping. If you choose the free shipment option, that might delay the delivery. Good luck Penne. Stay healthy and well.

• Betsy Betsy on May 07, 2020

Hi again Penne: Well, then :) See if you can order your flowers and have them mailed to arrive around the time you go to the post office, if you can't find someone to pick up your mail for you. If you call and explain to the supplier, they may be able to help you out. Good luck