DIY RV/Camper Bedding Hack!

$30

Our secret DIY hack for making Beddy’s Beds work on more narrow RV bunk beds – because Beddy’s Beds is the only bunk bedding that won’t make you a crazy mama – especially in RV’s!

If you are sprucing up your RV/Camper, nothing makes it feel like home like new bedding and a cozy-enough-for-home mattress! I want to share this clever process we used to make a twin size memory foam mattress and the popular, sanity saving zip-up bedding work for our tiny home.

The secret was in these sheet suspenders!

REMOVE MATTRESS COVERS

Most RV bunk beds are actually smaller than twin size - and the commercial mattresses for them are often very uncomfortable. We bought a standard twin size foam mattress and first removed all the covers on them.

CUT DOWN FOAM MATTRESS

Then after carefully measuring the size for the RV bunks, we cut the foam mattress down to fit perfectly.

ATTACH SHEET SUSPENDERS AND BEDDY'S BEDDING

Perhaps you've heard of the popular Beddy's Beds zip up bedding? It was a huge sanity savor for me as we lived in our RV with our 4 kids while we built our home. Their tight beds were so easy for them to make and looked nice and tidy all the time. But the smallest Beddy's come is a twin size - which would be too big for the cut down mattress. We were able to use sheet suspenders to tighten the excess at the bottom of mattress, which kept the bedding nice and snug in place. It was a game changer!

The kids could easily zip them up and make them look nice! And it even worked great for the hiding drawer bed.

Check out my blog post linked below for a video showing where you can watch the process and get more details on how we made Beddy's Beds work for our small RV bunks.

You can shop Beddy's here, and use the my referral code "TIDBITS20" to save 20% on your purchase.

You might also like to see our entire RV Renovation project. I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading!

TIDBITS

• Flipturn

Do you really have these three bunk beds in your camper? They remind me of the sleeper cars on old trains, and look so inviting for kids (of all ages! )

• Flipturn

A note about cutting the foam:

If you use an electric knife, the cut edge on the large foam piece will be smooth and even, instead of 'chopped up' the way it gets when you try to cut it with scissors.

Having two pairs of hands makes the task very quick and easy: one pair to hold the foam edge taut, and one pair to rrrrrr the electric knife along cutting line that has been previously drawn with a sharpie marker.

• Trisha

I have used commercial grade foam bedding for over 30 yrs. YES on the electric knife & a can of adhesive spray is the best should you make a boo boo on cutting or if you wavy to add memory foam or egg crate foam on top.

Love the idea with the sheet grippers

• Linda

I have also t.v. for long time, I also sew the bottom of the flat sheet to the bottom of the fitted sheet, saves time also making bed!!