Painted Sunflower Garden Decor

$5

This junk creation began when I was gifted a box of vintage kitchen items. This piece caught my eye and while I thought I knew what it was, I wasn't too sure.

When my children were young my mother-in-law used to make grilled cheese sandwiches on the stove using something similar.  Thea at Rosie's Vintage told me it was something used at a campfire, maybe for eggs or burgers.

Anyway, in my head I thought they looked like they should be flowers. The first thing I did was pull them apart, I folded the piece back and forth by the handles until the thin metal broke and I ended up with 2 pieces. 

I painted the flower looking pieces yellow with a black center for the first coat. I used Fusion Mineral Paint that easily sticks to the metal.

I painted petals on the yellow background using the yellow paint with a little bit of brown added.

Next, I painted  metal circle blanks with black and brown paint to look like the center of a sunflower.

I attached the circles to the center of the flower with E6000 glue. The very last step was to spray the flowers with a satin spray sealer

I added the sunflowers to pots on my deck by sticking the handles into the dirt.

It's early and it has been very chilly here on the east coast but there are warmer days coming and this sad looking garden is going to flourish!

Thanks so much for visiting! Please hop over to Homeroad.net to sign up for the Homeroad emails so I can send my latest DIY tutorial straight to you!

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Homeroad

• Audrey

what is the frog used for, With the holes in the top?