DIY Glass Dome Cloches

$10

I have always thought glass dome cloches were beautiful and love how they highlight special treasures. Using a cloche is like giving a beloved photo a frame. Because I don't have any, I decided to make my own. They turned out so beautiful and were easy and inexpensive.

The Project

This project has people asking, where did you get that? When, my response is that I made it, they are so excited. Because anyone, absolutely anyone can make these in only a few minutes with things you may already have around your house!

Vases

You may have old vases from flower arrangements around your home. You could even use a mason jar or a drinking glass. It all depends on what size item you want to display underneath. I found my vases for only $1 each.

Knobs

I chose knobs that were not too colorful, I wanted brass, wood and crystal to fit in with my decor.

Materials

I'm still in awe of how easy, beautiful and inexpensive this craft was. It took such few supplies. I just needed clear glass vases, drawer knobs, hot glue and treasures to display inside.

Hot Glue

To attach the knobs to the bottom of the glass vases I used hot glue. You could also use a super glue.

Styling Your Cloche

I found this small faux orchid at our local Hardware Store for a dollar. It was the perfect size and shape to fit inside this vase turned cloche. I set it on a stack of books with a plaid coaster as it's base.

Knobs

There are so many different styles of knobs to choose from and use on top. You may even have some laying around to use.

Natural Display

Under this cloche I placed a small birds nest an egg.

Styling a Vignette

Do you have little collections to show off? I collect plaid vintage books. I have a mini one that I put under the cloche on a stack of bigger books with a wood cut as a base.

Real or Faux

Your glass cloches can be terrariums too. I used a faux succulent, but you could use live ones instead. I used a favorite vintage plate as a base for this little glass dome.

Watch the Video

Follow me on YouTube to see the step by steps to the project.

Kristin | White Arrows Home

• Kate

If you have a matching lid then turn the glasses right side up again you can make a small terrarium with a lid that can be opened to add water now and then. I love how turning them upside down makes cheap, fake succelents look real. I live in the desert so EVERYONE calls me out on my target fake plants. You've saved me the embarrassment , thank you! Bet you could make Xmas themed decor as well. Great idea, too cool.

• Myrna

Absolutely! I really like this idea.