How to Tuft/button Your IKEA Karlstad Cushions

$89.25

Hi guys! I wanted to share a super easy DIY project that I did on our Ikea Karlstad Sectional this past weekend. And by easy, I mean it took me about 20 minutes to complete the project, but it made a pretty big impact to our sofa.
how to tuft button cushions sofa couch, how to, reupholster
I've always dreamed about owning a tufted sofa, but did not want to spend $1000s of dollars!! Well, I didn't have too, and I promise you after you've watched my little video, you'll be heading to the stores to gather all supplies needed for your own sofa/couch transformation!
This is how the regular Ikea Karlstad Series looks, in the Isunda Gray cover.
...I know, I know, we need a coffee table. I have been searching for a card catalog coffee table all over the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but haven't found one yet.
Ok, let's move on.
HERE ARE THE ITEMS YOU NEED TO GIVE YOUR OWN SOFA/CUSHIONS A MAKEOVER:
84 Fabric Covered Buttons size 7/8 inch (OEH Shop we have the Ikea Isunda Gray and Sivik dark Gray buttons)
Nylon Button Tufting Twine
10 inch Tufting needles
Scissor
STEP 1.
Measure your cushion, then add some pins where you'll be placing the buttons. Measure again, and again. I placed my outside buttons 6 inches away from the top and the sides piping, and the following buttons were 6-8 inches apart, depending on the size of the pillow.
STEP 2.
Get everything ready, cut 84-twine strands approx. each 24 inches long.
STEP 3.
Put on your favorite music, and lets transform a sofa... (now, you may watch the video)
Be nice to me, it's my very first video (where I am actually talking) and far from being perfect.
Enjoy, and please share your finished project on IG (tag @oheverythinghandmade) or on Facebook.
Step by step tutorial on how to tuft buttons to a cushion.
After all cushions were tufted, the sectional looked like $1000's of dollars worth, I love it!
Here is the link where you can order custom made buttons for any sofa: http://www.oheverythinghandmade.com/product/on-sale-78-fabric-covered-button-8pack-ikea-karlstad/

Betty @ Oh Everything Handmade