Upcycled Dishcloth Pillow

$20

Have a favorite dishcloth? One that makes you laugh? One that’s sentimental? Don’t put it to work in the kitchen. Instead, turn a favorite dishcloth into a pillow and display it where it can be seen and enjoyed. It’s incredibly easy!

I used a 20″ square down  pillow insert, so I cut the dishcloth into a 20″ square, keeping the pig design centered. Next, I cut 2 pieces of cotton fabric, each measuring 20″ x 20″. 

I then turned the fabric under twice, creating a narrow hem, and stitched it down. I did this on one side edge of each of the 2 pieces of fabric.

Next I turned the hemmed edge down about 4″ and pressed it in place. I did this for both pieces of fabric.

With right sides together, pin one piece of the fabric to the dishcloth, as shown below.

Now place the second piece of fabric on top, as shown below, and pin in place around all 4 edges. Stitch together along all four sides, using about a 1″ seam.

To soften the corners, stitch diagonally across each of the four corners. Trim the corner tip, as shown below.

Turn the pillow right side out and press.

Insert a pillow form, and that’s it! Just a little cutting, a few straight seams, and you end up with a unique throw pillow. I mean, even if you haven’t heard of Cincinnati’s famous Flying Pig Marathon, this has to be the cutest damn pig you’ve ever seen.

16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Wendy at myfrenchtwist.com

• Carole gerst
    Carole gerst

can you do one of a white dove I do shabby chic can you do one and white and gray tones if you can I would be more than happy to pay you forcan you do one of a white dove I do shabby chic can you do one and white and gray tones if you can I would be more than happy to pay you for it

Carole Gerst

PO box 697

Milesburg Pa 16853

8144247999

• Melinda Brown Inglesby
      Melinda Brown Inglesby

All of the instructions are on here so that you can make one for yourself- that's the whole purpose oe this website!. If you're not handy with things like that, maybe try Etsy or some other handmade seller site.

• Jody Price
    Jody Price

So precious! Love your PIG!🌴