DIY Pressed Flower Coasters

$15

Make a set of pressed flower wood coasters to hold onto Spring all year long. It's easy and a great way to use pressed flowers that you have collected. To press flowers, simply place wild flowers between the pages of an old book for 2+ weeks.

Design layout.

Create a layout with pressed flowers to fit within the coaster. Trim plants and remove stems with scissors, if necessary. Remove flower from coaster.

Apply glue to coaster.

Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge glue onto the coaster with a foam brush. Then, return pressed flowers onto the glued surface.

Seal pressed flowers.

Brush a generous layer of Mod Podge glue onto the coaster to cover the entirety of the pressed flowers. Immediatley, apply a second coat.

Dry overnight.

Allow at least 24 hours for the glue to completely dry. Glue will appear clear when dry.

This project is a great way to add a touch of nature into your home. You can even make your own wood coasters by cutting slices of 4-5 inch tree branches, but I find these online.

I love how this project turned out! It really captures my love of Texas wild flowers and adding natural elements into my home.

Amy Williams

• Rene'

They are very pretty and I like them a lot. I just wonder if they are will hold up when they get wet. Should we use a sealer on them?

• Amy | Cuter Tudor

Hey there! Mod podge is a sealer and glue in one. I’ve used them a couple of weeks and they have held up. However poly would work well too!

• Joy martin

What an awesome idea to use some of my pressed flowers. I have many dried Rose's, any unique ideas to use these? TFS Love this! 💜💐💚

• Amy | Cuter Tudor

Thank you! Off the top of my head, I would say homemade potpourri with essential oils or adding to sachets in drawers. I often display Dried roses in a set of vintage glass boxes.

• Preston

Great idea. Can’t wait to try this