How does one clean the spots on bathroom ceiling?

+7

What would be the best way to clean the ceiling in my shower/bath? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I’m not looking forward to it but, I can’t stand looking at it! TSP? Vinegar solution? Help!

q how does one clean the spots on bathroom ceiling

It’s now coming down on wall!

Inside the shower!

• Deb K Deb K on May 08, 2020

Hi Julie, it's mold, and it's nasty, hope this helps you out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEZOFd7pOhs

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on May 08, 2020

If it is mildew, clean with white vinegar to kill the spores. It may stain the area and you will have to scrub with something to lift the stain. I would try hydrogen peroxide for stains over bleach because of enclosed area.

• Dee Dee on May 08, 2020

I had spots on my ceiling and I used Purple Power cleaner degreaser from Walmart. It is only $5 for a gallon and has many uses. I did this almost a year ago and it is still nice and clean. I put half cleaner and half water in a spray bottle. It Took only minutes to to that way. Sprayed on wiped off with damp microfiber cloth.

• See 1 previous
    • Dee Dee on May 09, 2020

That's great. I know it worked for me. I would try it at 50 or 75% strength and if that does not work spray a cloth with 100%. I am positive it will come off. I had those phantom spots too. So annoying, but now gone and they never came back.

• William William on May 09, 2020

It's mold. Vinegar kills mold spores. You need air circulation. Is there a window or do you have an exhaust fan?!

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska 4 days ago

I think it is a mold ..check for leaks