ATTACK OF THE GIANT ANTS! Golf Ball Garden Project

$10

Here's a giant ant that won't disrupt your picnic, or eat your house! I promise! It's an easy garden decor project that allows you to recycle old golf balls!

Get three golfballs

Gather golfballs. I does not matter if it is marred up, what color it is or if it has a logo.

Hot glue the golfballs together

Use hot glue, or a glue that will withstand heat, if you have it outside in a hot climate.

Cut a wire hanger.

Cut a wire hanger into six pieces, approximately 2.5 inches in length. Bend the ends.

Drill holes

Once you have the legs bent, you want to drill six holes in the body. You don't need to go too deep, just deep enough for the legs to fit in.

Add the legs

Put the legs in and secure them with some glue.

Antennae

You want to drill two additional holes in the head and using 20 gauge wire, cut two pieces and wrap the ends around a pen.

Insert the antennae

Add a dab of glue to each antenna and put them in the holes.

Spray paint

Paint it all black - spray paint is the easiest way.
That's it! Now you have enormous ants to decorate your garden!

You can find more info in the blog link below:

Find full post HERE!
UPDATE:Just a warning. We have had 90 -100 degree+ heat here in the Chicago area (most of the summer) and they held up well, but eventually the hot glue just couldn't hold it anymore. This is what I did to fix it: I broke out my rotary tool and drilled a hole where they were glued together, used another piece of wire hanger, squirt some glue in holes and hot glued together again. I let it all dry and spray painted it. It worked like a charm and you can't tell they ever came apart. Now if it gets hot, the hanger inside doesn't allow it to try and pull apart. The heat here has continued and they are holding up fine! If you are using them inside, the hot glue is more than enough.

Mona  ~ Craft Klatch

• Patty LeVasseur

now i wonder.... will they scare off the giant murder wasps???

• Shuganne
    24 minutes ago

This is just beyond cute!! I've never worked with golf balls and I'm wondering if there is a way to hollow the balls out to plant little flowers in them?

Thanks for sharing!

• Patricia

We have got 5 ants bodies together tomorrow the legs and feelers

• Vickie Hartlaub

Love this! Do you have more golf ball ideas? I live very close to many golf courses here in florida. Thank you