Clean dog hair?

Lindsay AratariBetsyKathy Gunter Law
+8

• Mogie

Do you want to bathe your dog or wash dog hair you have collected? If you want to remove dog hair from furniture just use a rubber glove. If it is damp it will pick up the hair as you move you hand across the area in question.

• Cynthia H

A microfiber cloth, especially a damp one is what I use. Good luck and stay safe!

• Vimarhonor

Frequent bathing might be necessary for dogs with odors. My particular dog has skin and coat problems and a funky smell. We used a chlorahexadine over the counter dog shampoo and it is very helpful. In between my kennel used a recommended a spray refresh cleaner.

• Redcatcec

If your pet is shedding, brush it often to remove the excess hair. If the pet hair is all over the furniture, wipe with a rubber glove. The pet hair might be on the floor, for that Swiffer or vacuum.

• Johnavallance82

Hi there,

You could also use a sticky tape to remove the hair from any small area. Best wishes..........

• Damp rubber gloves are effective in removing hair from furniture.

• Janice

A damp sponge is great to remove hair from fabic upholstered furniture. Just swipe the sponge acrosss the areas having hair and the hair will adhere to the sponge. Remove the hair from the sponge and dispose and proceed with more cleaning of furniture. A vacuuming works the very best in all surfaces.

• Beth

Brushing your dog will help to keep the shedding to a minimum. I use a lint roller for everything else. I like the reuseable, velvet-like ones, rather than disposable.

• Kathy Gunter Law

If you want to remove from carpet and furniture, the best thing is a rubber broom and brush to remove pet hair.

Hi Carol: I have a cat, but this should work for dog hair, too. I have a cat who has long black hair and I have cream coloured carpeting. Got the carpet before the cat:) I can't believe that cat's not bald with the amount of hair he leaves around. I use a moist cloth, like a wash rag, and wrap it around my hand and brush the hair off. You can use a rubber glove, too. Also, for my carpeting, I have a cheap small vacuum cleaner, it's only about 12" wide, but it gets the fur off of the rug better than my big heavy vacuums, which don't do anything about picking the fur up. I even got a new roller brush, but the Eureka Optima does the job great. But, for furniture, I'd use a moist cloth or a rubber glove. Good luck

• Lindsay Aratari

A broom or vacuum or lint roller on fabric