DIY Pottery

$10

I recently saw this method of decorating pots and I thought I' d share it. It's a very easy way to redo all the ugly looking vases and pots that you may have at home. Or just simply refresh your perfectly fine pots, that are maybe the wrong colour and you don't wanna display them.

Materials

You won't need much materials for this project.

1. Pots and vases of your choice
  2. Spray paint ( any kind )
  3. Leather belts
  4. Glue
  5. Marble effect paint ( optional )
  6. Sanding paper

Clean your pots and give them a light sanding. Wipe off any dust.

Give your pots a nice, thin layer of marble effect paint. The reason I'm using it is beacuse I want my pots to have texture, and this paint provides that. If you don't have this paint or you think it's not necessary to use it, skip this step. I didn' t use it on all my pots and actually I like both looks, with and without it.

Once the paint has dried, you can start spray painting. Couple of light coats of paint, cover everything nicely and even. The key of a nice spray paint work is to keep the distance between the object and the spray. Shake the can all the time while you are spraying and avoid spraying the same spot too long. Always move around with the paint. That way you won't have any drips and you will get a smooth finish.

When the paint has dried, decorate your pots with nice, leather handles. Use old belts or bag straps. Choose the colour you like and put the handle wherever you think it fits. You can put one or two.. They really make a difference and instantly give an elegant look. For this you can use glue. It's the easiest way.

We are done. All you have left is decorating. I suggest to use flowers and candles. Or just leave them as they are... It 'll look beautiful.

• Heather Ruiz

So pretty.. love this. A good way to use the belts that are tight from quarantine snacks. Thanks for sharing

• Melanie

Wow! Great idea! 💡

Who would've thought of using belts,? I have a WHOLE bag of belts! Watch out..here come THE BELTS! 😆