New DIY projects

The Wreath Making Hack You Need to Know, and a Trick You'll Love!!!

Take a look at the grapevine wreath form I purchased. It is so thin you can literally see right...

How to Make Palm Tree Leaves

I don't know about you but I’ve been eyeing these tall decorative leaves for a while. They pop up...

Repurposing a Soap Container

Have you ever thought about repurposing a soap container rather than recycling it or throwing it...

DIY Fabric Garland for 4th of July

Lets’s make a DIY Fabric Garland for 4th of July. Patriotic crafts are some of my favorites because...

How to Press Leaves

If you're wondering how to press leaves, check out this simple tutorial. You won't believe how easy...

How to Paint a Plastic Mirror

Hi Friends,I’m back from my mini vaca! It doesn’t feel like I have been on vaca, lol. I have been...

Watch video tutorials

How to Paint Fabric Upholstery With Chalk Paint

This post was written in collaboration with 2 Chicks and a Toolbelt but all thoughts and opinions...

How to Plant Lily Bulbs In Your Perennial Flower Garden

Lilies are among the most dramatically beautiful perennial flowers in the garden. Fortunately for us...

How To Make Ocean Art With Epoxy

This post was sponsored by Upstart Epoxy. All opinions are my own.Hi Everyone! In this HomeTalk...

The Easiest Way to Make a Patio Lantern

If you like lanterns and you want to have the most romantic and cozy atmosphere on your patio or...

Answer DIY questions

These hometalkers need your help!see all

How to Lighten Retro House with Dark Entry

Just purchased this retro home- it has some unique elements that I...

How do I give this bookcase a beach/coastal look??

Old bookcase. I pulled a chair over to demonstrate the colors on my...

How to get rid of weeds or small tree seedlings in flower beds?

This long stretch of fence line now has a flower bed. Last year no...

How to take good care of trees

Hello Everyone, I need some good advice on how to take good care of my...

Browse new projects

DIY Coastal Wreath

Do you love sand dollars and starfishes?? Good, I have the perfect DIY coastal wreath for you to...

Tips for DIY Cutting Plexiglass

Hi, I'm Liz from Simple Decorating Tips, a DIY and decorating blog.

DIY Engraved Wood Riser

Artful and functional, wood risers are the most versatile item to complete a vignette. These...

Upcycled Shower Curtain DIY Pillow Covers

A few months ago I replaced the shower curtain in our master bath and intended to donate the old...

Repurposing Jeans Into Kitchen Decor

I loved these jeans so much. They were a staple in my wardrobe for many years through many moments...

How To Style A French Market Basket

Do you have a French market basket?They’re so practical and easy to incorporate into your decor!

Watch video tutorials

How to Bleach Wood | Beachy Dresser Flip

If you have a piece of furniture you would like to bring back to it's natural beauty, you may be...

How to Build a Batting Cage in Your Backyard

In this tutorial, I show you how to build a DIY batting cage with wood posts and useful tips to save...

How to Install a Killer Wallpaper Accent Wall

Slowly the laundry room is starting to change and I’m so thrilled. Without a doubt, adding the...

🍅 👩‍🌾 How To Grow Tomatoes (For Beginner Gardeners) ❤️

Tomatoes are the highlight of the garden! Here’s a beginner guide to growing tomatoes, including...