Can anyone recommend good quality work boots?

Lifestyles HomesRedcatcecJohnavallance82
+9

Hi everyone. Was looking to invest in a decent pair of boots to keep my feet protected while doing all the DIY over lock-down. Was keen to get a pair similar to these as they are a decent price and seem of good quality. Anyone have any thoughts on this? A tradesman's perspective would be very handy!

Thanks,

Chris

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Chris it really depends on what you're doing exactly. I've found most work boots are a bit much for home renovation both in cost and quality not to mention (except when working with my horses) I've never needed steel toe and the extra weight of those things doesn't help at all when you're going up and down a ladder all day.

The best work boots I've found for me I get at outdoor stores. I get hunting/hiking boots that are tall enough to give good support to the ankles and feet. I usually get a slighter colder weather version because I live in MN and I always appreciate having a boot that's water proof even if they are a little hotter in the summer time. They're light, comfortable and still really protective.

Good luck!

Hi Chris: I'm not sure if you are a he Chris or a she Chris:) Anyway, Timberland boots are really good, as are Red Wing and Caterpillar. They make both mens and womens boots. Pricy, but you don't really want to go cheap with your feet. Good luck

• Cindy

I Chris. Any work boot from Sears is a good investment. They are made well and will last for a long time. That's where my husband buys his work boots from and he has been very happy with them.

• Gk

Check out work boots that look like tennis shoes and/or hiking boots. They come in steel toes, are a lot lighter, and may be more comfortable because they are cooler in the summer months. They are also less expensive. Sketchers is one brand. My husband is an electrician and he can wear these work boots/shoes on some jobs. He loves them! Places like Fleet Farm and Encore shoe stores sell them as well as Cabalas, Bass Pro Shops, and Gander Mountain. He has also always been a Red Wing work boot man!

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

You could prob get any kind of boot with steel toes, if you're looking for protection.

• Cheryl A

Hey Chris

Check out Duluth Trading Co.for work boots and also Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops they have affordable boots that are good for yard work and home projects

I have never needed work boots just to work around the house. Steel toe boots tend to be extreme in my opinion. I just get hiking boots that support the ankle and are oil resistant and waterproof . Also add a foam insole for added comfort.

• Flipturn

For home diy projects, you will likely be doing a lot of bending and kneeling in small confined areas. (think around or behind a toilet) Boots that are too heavy or too stiff may impede how easily you will be able to get close enough to accomplish various tasks.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Chris,

Look up Work Boots on eBay or Amazon etc.

• Redcatcec

Timberland makes a really good product.

• Lifestyles Homes

I agree ankle support and a really good composition sole are important. I would make sure that they either come with or you buy a half size bigger for removable/washable foam or gel sole cushions.