Fill a gap between cupbord & wall?

Lifestyles HomesCynthia HVimarhonor
+9

• Redcatcec

Hi Mike,

Could you share a picture.

Wondering how big the gap is, what the cupboards are made of, colors, what is on the wall? More info please.

• Recreated Designs

Hi Mike, there are strips that you can buy at your local home improvement store that fill that gap. They are specifically made for that and they come in all different colours and material to help match the cabinets.

• Kathy Gunter Law

You can use trim, attach to the cupboard. Without a photo, it's difficult to advise how to fill it in.

• Mogie

How much of a gap are you talking about? Could you give us the exact dimensions?

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Mike, I purchased a 4 inches wide rolling pantry off of Amazon for between my refrigerator and wall and another short one for between my washing machine and wall. I totally love them for extra storage so, if the gap is wide enough, you might want to consider one!

• Morgan McBride

How wide is the gap?

• Johnavallance82

Hi Mike,

Use a piece of trim to cover it.........Best wishes.

Hi Mike: If the gap isn't too big, you may be able to put some molding there, or even caulk it. Good luck

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I would caulk it if it isn't too big.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. How big is the gap? Do you need to put some caulk in the crack or is it something that you would need to fill with the board? Providing a photo might help us give you more realistic solutions to your issue

• Cynthia H

Hi! If it is narrow like paper thin to a quarter inch, caulk it. If it is wider, you would want to fill it in and/or put trim over it. Make sure your wall isn't plumb (not level) rather than the cabinet pulling away from the wall. That requires a different approach. Good luck and stay safe!

• Lifestyles Homes

If caulking, consider using a clear paintable caulk. That way if you get it on the cabinets and don’t see it until it’s dried, it’s not a big deal.