How can I reuse an old rabbit cage?

Kelli L. MilliganVimarhonorCJ
+8

I have a leftover rabbit cage from when I owned rabbits and now I can't think of anything to do with it

• Recreated Designs

Hi Mamta, Can you add a piece of wood to the top of it to make a table and use the cage as the base of the table? It would make a nice sturdy base for an outdoor patio table.

• Recreated Designs

You could fill it with soil and use as a planter. You might need to line it with something natural like moss or coconut fibre to keep the soil in but it would make a nice deep planter box.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

If its pretty small it might make a nice end table as well, you could use it as a table/terrarium and keep plants in it etc.

• Morgan McBride

I'd donate it to a rescue or a school.

• Johnavallance82

Hello there,

You could donate it to an animal charity............

Hi Mamta: Well, you could donate it to a rabbit rescue. Or, take the top and sides off and make a potting table. Or, you could use it for a critter proof raised garden. Good luck

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I would donate it to a local shelter, perhaps one that has rabbits like the House Rabbit Society.

• CJ

I think that you should use it for some type of garden. When the vines grow, you can have them wrapped around the holes/ bars ( if you have some)

• Vimarhonor

Hello I would consider listing it on craigslist or Facebook market marketplace. I’m not too sure something an animal has a used one or repurpose for indoor use, it might be unwise due to animal contamination.

• Kelli L. Milligan

You can repurpose as a piece of furniture. What size is it and what does it look like?