DIY Floral Embroidery Wreath

$50

I have been wanting to create a hoop wreath for a long time, and since I have nothing but time I figured why not? I am a fever novice wreath designer, definite not a floral expert by any means. This hardest part was not buying all the things to make ten more of these beauties. I am so excited to show you how easy it was to make this hoop wreath. Check out the full blog article here on ratios DIY and for links to all the materials!

Get some Inspiration

When I was browsing the Michaels website, it was super important for me to find everything I needed so I could pick up curbside. I was originally going to use a metal floral hoop, but decided to go with the embroidery hoop instead. Michaels always has tons of online coupons, which makes it easy to keep your cost down for this type of project.

Gather Your Materials

I was able to find most of my items in one place. Which was awesome I just ordered online and did the curbside pickup! Most of these items could be found at a dollar store to keep costs down.

Step 1: Cut Your Greenery

The first thing I did was cut down all the florals and greens using the wire cutters. The base layer I left the stems a little longer since they were the main piece of greenery. I wanted those to wrap around the inner ring of the wreath. As far as the flowers I snipped those off pretty much at the head of the flowers, only leaving about an inch or two on the stem. This will make it so much easier to attach to the wreath.

Step Attach your Greenery

You can use floral tape, wire, zip ties, or even twine to attach your greenery to the wreath form.

Step Layer Your Greenery

I found four different pieces of greenery that I wanted to use for this wreath. I wanted the wreath to be plump, but still have that wow effect. I laid the first piece of greenery on each side. Once you have it where you want it, you can use the floral wire to secure it.

Step Hot Glue Your Greenery

After the greenery has been attached with the wire you want to add some hot glue just to add that extra security that it will stay in place.

Moving On!

Now that you have all of your greenery attached, we are moving on to adding in your florals!

Step Lay Out Your Florals

This is my favorite part! You can now add in your florals. I chose yellow florals because I am doing a lemon theme in my home this summer. I wanted one large statement flower, I chose the yellow Hydrangea stem. I also wanted to add a smaller bush on both sides on the wreath, so I picked the yellow Dahlia bush. You want to play around with the placement before you attach them. This gives you a chance to serif you like it before it's glued on.

Step Glue Down Your Florals

Once you have everything where you want it, it's time to glue them down. I always use the floral wire first, then add the glue.

Optional Add-Ins

I decided to add in some lemons to add a little summer love to my wreath!

Step Fill In Your Wreath

This is what I call this the "fluff" stage of the project. You can use left over pieces of greenery, florals, or fun decor. I am doing a lemon theme this year so I added in a few lemon picks to level out the wreath. You just want the wreath to look full, and you want to make sure you hide all the floral wire.

Step Hang Your Wreath

This wreath was so simple, and so pretty! The best part is you make them all year round! So you an expect to see more of these in my home, I am obsessed.

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Wendy Zock The Curated Farmhouse

• Wr

Looks great! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to out together? Looks so lush, must have been an expensive wreath.

• Honestly the flowers are where you spend your money. The hoop was about $5 and if you already have the glue gun and wire cutters your only really spending on the greens. I spent about $60 because I needed all the supplies and I bought bigger bouquets so I would have extra flowers to use around the house. You can get flowers at dollar store or on sale to keep costs down.

• Pat

What size hoop did you use? Your wreath is gorgeous!!