45$ DECK CHAIRS

$45

Hey everyone! I built a new front deck last year and was so sick of small patio furniture being SO expensive!

I built these chairs for 45$ worth of 2x4 pressure treated lumber.

I linked my DIY video if you would like to see a visual of how I put them together!

DIY VIDEO

Cut Your Boards

My cushions are 23 inches by 23 inches.

**DISCLAIMER** The dimensions of your cuts are based off of MY cushions. You can just measure the Length x Width of yours and adjust your lengths accordingly.

4 pieces cut at 24 and 1/2 inches long (these are my legs)

2 pieces cut at 19 and 1/4 inches long (these are for the back rest)

12 pieces cut at 23 inches (sides and seat)

Sand

Now you need to sand the edges. Don't sand them too much, you want to keep the color on. Pressure treatment is a liquid but it only soaks in the first few layers of wood, get the splinters out and then stop

Build the Sides

1. Use your 24 and 1/2 inch piece and line up your 23 inch first board. Use two deck screws to attach them.
  2. Use an extra 2x4 for spacing, it will help keep them even and its super easy.
  3. do this until you reach the other side (this is how i got my 24 and 1/2 inch measurement. 4 2x4 and three 2x4 spaces equals 24 and 1/2 inch
  4. Repeat the process on the other side to create your leg.

Back Slat

The two 19 and 1/4 pieces are for the back slats. attach Those by pre-drilling and screwing them together

Attach The Seat

The last remaining 2x4s are 23 inches long and they are attached at your desired seat height.

Screw Covers

I then attached little screw covers in a similar color of the wood. This gives it a really clean finish!

Decorate!

I made two! For under 100$ and I am so excited how the turned out!

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you made some!

• Katiee Elizabeth

Is there a materials list for this? How many 2x4s did you use? And 6 or 8ft lengths??

• Lcr14820844

That is five of the 8 ft 2x4s per chair correct?

• Yvonne

Hi, really nice chairs! Thank you for sharing your project. My husband & I want to do this. We just completed a deck & these chairs would be perfect. You said you would link the cushions below but I didn’t see them? Would you please let us know. Thank you!

• Denika Coakley

Awesome! I bet the deck is beautiful. They are linked blow in my YouTube channel so if you click the link. They are in that description. Let me know if you can’t find it

• Ileana Taylor

Love your project and will be making these and also a small table for drinks or whatever and planning on making a little bit of a higher back. Was also going to ask about length of 2×4 but had already answered that.

• Jhevante Baba Lyons
    8 minutes ago

This was an awesome and easy build and helped me win the war in what kind of deck furniture we will be getting. Now I have been asked to build a longer bench. No pressure. Was a great find for me as I furnish my newly bought home.

I however found some frustrations with the wood choice as I ended up with splits and the pine also started curbing so I had to clamp that bad boy over night to maintain shape. May try smaller diameter screws next time to correct splitting.

All in all the family was mad happy with it so I took it as a win. Thanks for sharing the project.