45$ DECK CHAIRS

$45

Hey everyone! I built a new front deck last year and was so sick of small patio furniture being SO expensive!

I built these chairs for 45$ worth of 2x4 pressure treated lumber.

I linked my DIY video if you would like to see a visual of how I put them together!

DIY VIDEO
Cut Your Boards

My cushions are 23 inches by 23 inches.

**DISCLAIMER** The dimensions of your cuts are based off of MY cushions. You can just measure the Length x Width of yours and adjust your lengths accordingly.

4 pieces cut at 24 and 1/2 inches long (these are my legs)

2 pieces cut at 19 and 1/4 inches long (these are for the back rest)

12 pieces cut at 23 inches (sides and seat)

Sand

Now you need to sand the edges. Don't sand them too much, you want to keep the color on. Pressure treatment is a liquid but it only soaks in the first few layers of wood, get the splinters out and then stop

Build the Sides
  1. Use your 24 and 1/2 inch piece and line up your 23 inch first board. Use two deck screws to attach them.
  2. Use an extra 2x4 for spacing, it will help keep them even and its super easy.
  3. do this until you reach the other side (this is how i got my 24 and 1/2 inch measurement. 4 2x4 and three 2x4 spaces equals 24 and 1/2 inch
  4. Repeat the process on the other side to create your leg.
Back Slat

The two 19 and 1/4 pieces are for the back slats. attach Those by pre-drilling and screwing them together

Attach The Seat

The last remaining 2x4s are 23 inches long and they are attached at your desired seat height.

Screw Covers

I then attached little screw covers in a similar color of the wood. This gives it a really clean finish!

Decorate!

I made two! For under 100$ and I am so excited how the turned out!

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you made some!

21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen

• Lcr14820844
    Lcr14820844

That is five of the 8 ft 2x4s per chair correct?

• Yvonne
    Yvonne

Hi, really nice chairs! Thank you for sharing your project. My husband & I want to do this. We just completed a deck & these chairs would be perfect. You said you would link the cushions below but I didn’t see them? Would you please let us know. Thank you!

• Denika Coakley
      Denika Coakley

Awesome! I bet the deck is beautiful. They are linked blow in my YouTube channel so if you click the link. They are in that description. Let me know if you can’t find it

• Tina Hall Starcher
    Tina Hall Starcher

How about old pallets, could you use them, to make it cost even less?

• Brenda Horton
    Brenda Horton

Love your chairs. You have inspired me to try this project. Thank you for sharing.

• Susan
    Susan

Awesome!! I would like to incorporate your idea and make a bench for my fire pit area.