Recycled Stir Sticks Turned GARDEN MARKERS

$2

It's gardening time and here's a very easy DIY using paint stir sticks for garden markers!

Recycle those paint stirring sticks to use in your garden to mark all your veggies, fruits or herbs. Simple and inexpensive!

I keep everything that I feel I can repurpose for something. While my husband and I were planning our garden this Spring, I grabbed all of my paint stir sticks. I started by cutting a point at one end to make it easier to stick in the round.

I then made some vinyl letters for labeling each marker.

I painted the stir sticks dark brown and once dry I applied the vinyl letters to use as stencils. *You can either use spray paint or slap a different kind of paint on them.

Then came the top coat of paint. I applied two coats and allowed to dry completely.

Now I removed the lettering to expose the brown paint underneath. I sealed them with some sealant since they will be outdoors.

A very inexpensive DIY and they turned out super cute! I even made an extra batch for my daughter to use in her garden.

They stand out and totally help in marking the fruits & veggies and herbs in our garden!

Recycle-reuse-reduce! A great way to use something you probably just have lying around at home!

15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Memorial Day Crafts
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
GullyCreekCottage

• Nancy K

I am not sure if I understand. Could you please let me know how these stirrers in your pictures are recycled? They look completely unused. To obtain new looking ones that appear like the ones in your pictures, a person would have to just go to the store and take their free ones, right? Or are you buying new paint stirrers? I didn’t know that paint stirrers were free. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

• Nancy K

Thanks for answering my questions. I am glad to know that people can buy them too. My goodness, you have certainly done a lot of painting. I appreciate your ideas.

• Linda Abate

Awesome way of letting everyone know what you have in your garden. Great for flowers, plants and veggies. for added color, paint them a different color and hopefully will attract butterflies. Nice job.

• GullyCreekCottage

Thank you Linda and that's a great idea about the different colors!