Stenciled Patio

$50

Nate and I decided to turn our patio into a place we love to be instead of an unused space. We also decided to try and spend as little as we could to make it more interesting. So, I created a faux rug using paints and a stencil that we had on hand.

Before. (Ignore the broken cinderblock wall.. 😅)

Taping

I started by taping off the area. (You’ll notice that I have stenciled this area before but never got around to sealing it... Live and learn!)

Base coat and stencil

Next I used two coats of flat black paint.

Once that dried I started stenciling from the corner and worked my way out. It’s important to have a small amount of paint on your roller when you stencil so that the paint doesn’t seep under the stencil, so make sure to offload it before stenciling.

Seal it

To finish it off I did 6 thin coats of sealer to help it to hopefully withstand the weather better this time around.

Here's the final look! It turned out really great and this time it will stay that way! What do you think?

• Candi

Why did you not power wash it first?

• Helen Cocuzza

( just my guess ) They probably didn’t have one as they said they were working within budget & it only cost $50

• Vicky

Where did you get stencil that big

• Nanci

I’ve been looking to do this and can’t find the right stencil/size but I LOVE what you did!!! What is the name of the style of stencil and size of it? Also, which brand of sealer do you prefer?

• Amber Adair

It looks like 12/12 and I would just include that in your search criteria, I found a 12 pack of different designs for $20 on Amazon