Green With Envy Dresser Makeover

5 materials
$5000

Brown and boring guest room dresser is jazzed up with color and knobs for a total transformation.

The Before

My last child just out grew the dresser/changing table I had for 12 years. It was time to upgrade the dresser from a 3 drawer to this seven drawers of ultimate storage! Although, it was not fit for a child's room in its "as is" condition so I decided to spruce it up.

The Paint

If you follow along with me, you know I LOVE my Chalky Chicks Furniture Paint. It is soooooo easy to use, the colors are fantastic, its inexpensive, and it goes over any finish without any prep work (other than dusting off your piece).

I have actually become an ambassador for this paint so if you go to their website https://www.2chicksandatoolbelt.com/ and purchase paint use promo: WITHINTHEHOME and you will get a discount.

Anyway, back to my project...I used this chalky chicks paint in the color Riptide.

Remove your hardware and just wipe down the furniture to get any dust off. Other than that small prep work, you can get to work by painting using long, smooth and even strokes with your chalk paint brush.

This paint dries pretty fast, which I love because you can immediately start your second coat if it needs one. I usually do one coat then second coat I water down the paint and apply a lighter second coat.

Be sure to seal your chalk paint with either wax meant for chalk paint or you can use a polycrylic which is used for more touched surfaces.

I upgraded the plain knobs with these cute gold polka dot ones from Hobby Lobby. I left the original gold pulls because they coordinated with the gold on the dots.

The Riptide coordinates with the curtain band on the bottom and goes perfectly with the large stripes on the wall.

I love this color and the new knobs just really updated this tired looking dresser now its ready to play dress up with my two year old fashionista!

I love to see your projects, so please comment below what you plan to update next. Try a bolder color and let me know how it turns out! Be sure to try this paint out and use my promo code WITHINTHEHOME

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 12 comments
Next