Green With Envy Dresser Makeover

$5000

Brown and boring guest room dresser is jazzed up with color and knobs for a total transformation.

The Before

My last child just out grew the dresser/changing table I had for 12 years. It was time to upgrade the dresser from a 3 drawer to this seven drawers of ultimate storage! Although, it was not fit for a child's room in its "as is" condition so I decided to spruce it up.

The Paint

If you follow along with me, you know I LOVE my Chalky Chicks Furniture Paint. It is soooooo easy to use, the colors are fantastic, its inexpensive, and it goes over any finish without any prep work (other than dusting off your piece).

I have actually become an ambassador for this paint so if you go to their website https://www.2chicksandatoolbelt.com/ and purchase paint use promo: WITHINTHEHOME and you will get a discount.

Anyway, back to my project...I used this chalky chicks paint in the color Riptide.

Remove your hardware and just wipe down the furniture to get any dust off. Other than that small prep work, you can get to work by painting using long, smooth and even strokes with your chalk paint brush.

This paint dries pretty fast, which I love because you can immediately start your second coat if it needs one. I usually do one coat then second coat I water down the paint and apply a lighter second coat.

Be sure to seal your chalk paint with either wax meant for chalk paint or you can use a polycrylic which is used for more touched surfaces.

I upgraded the plain knobs with these cute gold polka dot ones from Hobby Lobby. I left the original gold pulls because they coordinated with the gold on the dots.

The Riptide coordinates with the curtain band on the bottom and goes perfectly with the large stripes on the wall.

I love this color and the new knobs just really updated this tired looking dresser now its ready to play dress up with my two year old fashionista!

I love to see your projects, so please comment below what you plan to update next. Try a bolder color and let me know how it turns out! Be sure to try this paint out and use my promo code WITHINTHEHOME

To see more: https://www.2chicksandatoolbelt.com/

• Suzette

How long does it take to ship out product?

• Linda

What kind of brush did u use?

• Gabrielle Falk

I think you have done an amazing job - and love the differing door knobs. Did you paint with a roller, to avoid brush strokes? I have some solid pine furniture (all the drawers, dove-tailed) in the bedroom, which, as pine does, has yellowed over the years. The walls in the bedroom are a lovely soft apple green; coverlet - white, and the bed rugs (ie small throw/decorating rugs), are in colours, of pink/s, differing greens/with minute green check patterns on one of the rugs, and one of the cushions. Sounds like a mish-mash, but it isn't. I'm a bit terrified of painting the pine, as I don't want to, as they say 'stuff it up'. Any ideas on a good colour? Know it's hard, without a photo, but I've found, that the walls in any photos, come out as a wishy-washy white! - certainly not the true colour - and the pine looks almost umber in colour. All the 'modern' style furniture is all MDF - glossy, and expensive - and not attractive, or suitable to a 'cottage' style. Any thoughts in a furniture colour, would be appreciated. We live in Sydney, Australia. And I don't believe we have the huge range of paints/finishes etc., that you have in the US of A. With thanks,

ps if anyone else has any ideas, no problem. would appreciate.

• Within the Home

Thank you for checking out my post. I did use a brush but it is a brush used for chalk paint it is very dense bristles so you do not get the brush strokes. I am not sure what brand of paints are available in Australia...and without a photo of the room it is a little tricky to suggest a color. Is this for your room or a kids room? You can never go wrong with a white distressed for cottage style. Maybe a soft pink if it is for a girl's room, or maybe bring in soft canary yellow. If you can somehow send me a picture of the furnishings I can give more helpful suggestions.

• Brenda Horton

Love it.....great job.

• Linda Abate

Beautiful job on your dresser make-over. The color is awesome and I like how you used the knobs and brass pulls. A job to be proud of.