Kids Room Organizers

$12

So being home during the stay home order has really got me organizing! Any one else? This kiddo’s room, though. Shew... she has so many little things she likes to collect, so many goodies she likes to hide... and “lose” all over the place... I had to come up with something to help get it all managed. And now that we are reading, I’m labeling everything!!!

Head to the dollar store!

Everything I’m using in this tutorial came from the dollar store! They have all the spring colors out and I’m living for it! For this project you’ll need:

• 3 laundry hampers
  • 3 plant hangers
  • zip ties
  • scissors
  • anchoring ceiling hook

Assemble the top basket

I used three baskets based on my cowling height but if you need more or less that is up to your space! I counted the number holes on the top line of the basket, it was an even 36, perfect! Space the chains out every 12 holes and clip them on, leave the top hook intact to hang it up once it’s done.

Remove the hook!

You will need to do this for the next 2 sets of plant hangers. It was easy to do with no tools but you may need a pair of pliers to separate the parts.

Attach to bottom

Each chain will be attached to the bottom using zip ties. Count and space evenly to ensure it hangs nice and level.

Zip zip hooray

Evenly spaced and zip tied on, depending on what you plan on using the baskets for you may want to double up on zip ties to make it more secure, we’re just hanging stuffies so I thought one would be strong enough.

2 more rounds

Continue the same way as the top basket, using the clips provided to connect the next basket and zip ties to connect the next chain until you have your desired height!

Hang it up!

Use a hook with an anchor made for the weight of your items in the ceiling, and hang up your creation, load it up with goodies and reveal it to your little! Ours thought it looked light a hot air balloon! Oh the possibilities!