Cement Trowel Sign

$5

You can do so many fun things with old cement trowels! For this project, I decided to make a dishwasher sign.

Pick Your Trowel

The first thing I did was choose the size of trowel that I wanted. I have an assortment of these that I have picked up at yardsales.

Sand the Rust

Then I gave the rusty bits a light sanding with a piece of fine sandpaper.

Paint and Seal

I love green, so I brushed the handle with a bit of chalk paint paint that I already had on hand. Next, I coated the entire piece with clear sealer. You can use a spray sealer or brush-on poly... whatever you have! This will keep the rust from making a mess on your kitchen shelf or wherever you decide to put the sign.

Make the Magnets

Next, I glued magnets to the back of my Scrabble tiles. LOL, this is what I really wanted to spell on the sign... is our house the only place where the dishwasher is empty but the sink is piled high with dirty dishes?! :D

Display Your Sign

Here is what I ended up with. :) It is easy to flip the sign over, as needed. You could do this kitchen sign, or a sign with a motivational word. You could also use the magnets to display photos on the cement trowels. Have fun with it, and if you make something, please share! I would love to see your creation. If you like this project and want to see more of my projects/posts, please follow me on Instagram or Facebook - @jagcagdesign. Xo, Jamey

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/jagcagdesign/?hl=en

• Joanie

Numerous ways to use these. ...handles for a door? Towel hangers?? Curtain rod ends, kobels? sp. Your idea is cute, but it doesn't show off the trowels, I think a handle for doors on a cupboard or a back door???