This is the 3rd coathow do i fix this can see every mark?

Maura WhiteJohnavallance82Melanie Simmons
+10

you can see the lines how do I fix that?

• Nan W.

Angie: what is it?

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Angie, did you try using a little foam roller? It looks like those lines are probably made by a brush. I would say do another coat using a different application. best would be really thin coats until you get that smooth finish you're looking for.

• Mogie

Is this a kitchen counter? And the third coat of what?

• Recreated Designs

Hi Angie, Can you give a few more details on what the project is and what you are using? We would be happy to help in any way we can.

• Redcatcec

Is this a counter top, tile, backsplash, granite? Please identify what it is made of and what you did.

• Vimarhonor

Hello could you possibly post a few more details about what we are looking at in the photograph? While the photograph shows a lot of information I am not sure what project you’re trying to accomplish here. More information might be needed to offer the best guidance to a help find the best suggestions or potential solution to offer. Its best know what you are dealing with before offering broad suggestions.

• Cheryl A

It appears to be a granite countertop and I am not sure why the two white lines are on there? Please tell us what you put on the counter top and what you are trying to accomplish. We will be glad to help you out with more information.

• Cynthia H

Okay I am stumped. What is the surface? What are you using on it? I actually thought it was upholstery when I looked at the picture. Generally, before painting any surface, I use a sealer like Kilz. If brush marks are a problem, a small roller is your friend. If it's chalk paint, I can tell you the first coat never looks good to me. Repeat coats are what gives you coverage. If you don't like the result you're getting, as has happened to me in the past, remove what you've applied and do a careful prep before trying something different. Good luck and stay safe!

Hi Angie: From the looks of the lines, it seems that something was set down on the granite. Maybe something hot that made streaks? Try putting mayonnaise on the area and letting it sit for about 30 seconds and then wipe off. This works for wood, maybe it will work for you. If it lightens, do it a few more times. If all else fails, check out this site. At the bottom there is some good information. https://www.granitegold.com/reasons-for-cloudy-stone-countertop/ Good luck

• Dee

To me it appears that you are trying to fix a crack in granite. If that is what you are doing, use CA glue that you get in Hobby Lobby [Cyanoacrylate glue] or real Super Glue. Before you glue use a magic marker for color mixing. Over glue. Let dry completely then take a straight edge razor and using a 90 degree angle scrape off the excess.

• Melanie Simmons

If it's epoxy, try sanding it.

• Johnavallance82

Hello,

what is it you are trying to fix? Is this a worktop,Is it laminated or real stone granite?

• Maura White

Can you tell us what this is? Countertop?