Asked 3 days ago

Hissing sound?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CABethUnique Creations By Anita
+7

I hear a hissing sound coming from the hot water faucet side in my bathroom . I see now water leak what can I do to stop the noise .it is only coming from this one faucet. Thanks Frank

• Redcatcec

Hi Frank,

Where is the leak?

A few months back we had the hissing sound from the hot water side of the sink...at 3 am. No water was turned on at the faucet. It turned out to be a cracked hose from the water pipe to the faucet underneath the sink, the hose was bent at an abrupt angle and just gave out. You can fix this yourself. Shut off the water to the house, uncouple the 2 connections and replace the hose connector. Best to you.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Frank, there should be a water shut off under the sink. Each line (hot and cold) will have its own hose and there should be a valve you can turn on each of them. See which one is making the noise by turning it off and, if the hissing stops, consider replacing the hose.

• Sounds like a possible pipe leak. We hadg under the house and had to replace some parts. We could hear the hissing in the bathroom

• Cynthia H

Generally it is a leak when you hear hissing. Check below the bathroom floor. If you shut off the sink water from their shutoff and you can still hear it, it is coming from the pipe that feeds the line. Good luck and stay well!

• Here is some information with a possible cause for your problem. https://www.greenplanetplumbing.com.au/different-plumbing-noises/

• Beth
    12 hours ago

As others mentioned, with the hiss, you might have more of leak that you realize. There should be individual water shut offs to each zone in your house, and a shut off for all of the water in the house, if you have trouble isolating the specific one for that part of the house. I'd shut the water off for now and investigate whether there's a bigger leak before turning it back on.

• Your supply line has sprung a leak. Fix it fast!!! This happened to me on my guest bath toilet supply line while I was away for a few weeks bunking with my high risk individuals that had just had surgery before COVID pandemic turned up. So far I have $4,500 into the project and living in a ripped up house.

• Oh thank you that so sweet! My patients are recovering well and I have a couple contractors to come by next week to give me estimates to (hopefully) at least get the drywall up for me. At a reasonable price, ha! Normally I would do it myself but I have my hands full at the moment. Thanks again! 🤗