Whip up a Charming Garden-themed Walkway Using Scrap Wood!

3 materials
$90

I happen to adore rustic wood! So part of my summer plans was to incorporate more rustic wood touches to warm up the outdoor spaces.

One place that needed immediate attention was a little walkway that leads from the driveway to the front yard. I had thrown a few cement walking stones in place last summer, but not only did they lack personality, the area was a mess. Time for a total redo and something super creative this round!

Gathering some reclaimed wood I had in my stash along with some fun garden-themed stencils, here's the delightful result!

And it couldn't have been easier to do! Here's what I did:

Before

This is a little walkway I frequently use. But when it ends up looking like this, I like to gut it and totally redo it! It was time...

The first thing I did was clean everything out and rake the soil to a lower level than the joining sides.

How to design:

Next I dragged out some reclaimed wood to figure out a design. It's a little like playing blocks.

The boards were then cut to the desired size and attached to each other with screws. (learn more through blog post link below this post)

But let's really ramp things up and add a big dash of garden-themed personality next...

Let's decorate!

To chime in with a garden-theme, a collection of garden stencils were stenciled onto the planks to have them resemble garden crates!

So charming! And perfectly themed for the area.

Find these garden stencils from Funky Junk's Old Sign Stencils HERE

How to stencil:

1. Position stencil into place with masking tape.
  2. Load, then remove most paint from stencil brush with rag.
  3. Tap paint onto surface through the stencil
Walkway reveal!

Rustic wood touches = mission accomplished! Doesn't it look great in my front yard?!

Learn more:

I'm just loving the end result and it honestly couldn't be easier to make! Think you'll try making one this summer?

Have questions?

Learn more by visiting the blog post HERE where I also share how to add a slight curve, weather-proof ideas, and so much more!

Check out many other rustic garden projects HERE

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 5 questions

Comments

2 of 45 comments
Next