There were a couple of drawers missing and the top was not in the best shape. But, I NEVER turn down a piece of free furniture. I knew the Hubs and I could come up with a plan to save the poor soul.
After discussing it, we decided that adding wood would be a great option. Not only would it make it look better, but it would make the dresser a bit more sturdier. Wood would be added to the inside where the drawers were missing to give it a farmhouse, rustic feel.
We found these shiplap pieces at our local salvage store. I think we paid around $20.00 and we even had a few extra pieces left that could be used for another diy project.