How to get rid of roots in my basement floor system?

JuneJoan StanleyJohnavallance82
+7

We have a wall system put in called B Dry to stop water coming in the basement when it rains. The pipes they put in around the basement have roots in them now. The pipes are too small for them to put a root snake down them

• Mogie
    Mogie

Why don't you call whoever put the system in and tell them you have this problem? Is there anything in the contract regarding follow up work in cases of problems?

• GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY

I agree with the first answer. I would go back to the manufacturer (or installer) to get some advice on how to deal with the problem.

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

I think I would start by calling the installer and let them come out and look at the situation - here is another idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld6jqzhjB6w

• Libbie B
    Libbie B

Absolutely call the installer back. You may have long term problems and they need to help with a fix.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Yes call the installer. They will advise you to the best correction measures to undertake.

• Laura Beamon Holscher
    Laura Beamon Holscher

Call them! We had a bad experience with B Dry

• Beth
    Beth

There may be a number to call on your B dry system, if you don't know it off the top of your head. They'll have the best advice on what to do.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello June,

Go back to the Installers and ask them to fix the problem as obviously the pipes are not fit for purpose. Best wishes.

• Joan Stanley
    Joan Stanley

If all else fails, use a sceptic system cleaner to kill them.

• June
    June

the installers root snake got some of them but not all of them and suggested a chemical to put down. I am scared of the chemical wear rubber gloves, do not breath it in, do not get it on your clothes etc.