Old Satellites where to get?

AnnieLindsay AratariCheryl A
+11

Any idea where to find the big old round satellites?! Need it for a garden craft project !

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hi Becky. You might find an old satellite dish at one of your local scrap vendors. They may also be willing to remove the plastic and metal components for you. For a listing of scrap metal vendors check out recycling centers near you. Good luck Becky. Be well.

• Peggy Burnette
    Peggy Burnette

Hi Becky, I would call the dish companies and see if they have any for free or a slight price. Good lukd and please show us your project when you finish.

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

I've seen them at Habitat stores.

• Unique Creations By Anita
    Unique Creations By Anita

Put an advert of on facebook marketplace for your area. And ask for a free one. People could still have the laying around in sheds, because they dont fit in the bin.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

I've seen lots in real estate listing pictures for houses that are for sale.

I bet sellers and buyers both would love to have someone like you take these eyesores away, just to be rid of them.

• LIS
    LIS

If you're in TN near the KY border you can come and get 2.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Do an ISO on marketplace and craigslist. My parents have one so I would love to see what you do with it.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. Do you have a local salvage store? Very often there is a to go plate to go places to go find pallets and other pieces of metal or architectural salvage salvage

• Libbie B
    Libbie B

Please share when your project is finished! We have two in our shed. :)

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello Becky,

Maybe a Scrap Yard, TV aerial Fixers etc.? Keep your eyes peeled! Good luck!

• Morgan McBride
    Morgan McBride

Post on your neighborhood facebook or similar group. I know I have one I'd let anyone have!

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

Becky

I would contact some of the cable type companies I bet they have tons of them. Also, we have nextdoor.com (this is everyone) online and you could ask for them in your area and I know folks would love to get rid of them

• Lindsay Aratari
    Lindsay Aratari

Maybe look on FB marketplace

• Annie
    Annie

Have you posted on your local Facebook group? Someone may have an old one they want to get rid of