Resin Statue Fix

2 materials
$5

I had a beautiful, brand new farmhouse statue that was perfect until someone knocked into it less than a month later. I was so disappointed, my husband decided to patch it up. It was a quick fix anyone can do in case of a break.

For more fixes you can check out my other DIYs...

Patch The Hole

The resin completely cracked and broke away from the leg on the goat, exposing some the wire frame. My husband used a two part putty epoxy and applied it with his hands, building it up to match the shape of the leg.

Sand

When the epoxy was dry, he took a very light grade sandpaper and went over the spot to further shape it and smooth it out.

Paint The Base

Once the structural repair was complete, it was my turn to dig in and paint it so it would match the old finish. I used regular acrylic craft paint and a small brush. I mixed colors until I had the right shade for the base of the body.

I'm a huge paint by numbers fan, so I have a lot of paint on hand.

Adding Details

They say the details are the most important part and that is true. In order to make it look like new again, I had to get this part right.

I simply I mixed more paint to make the darker color of the detailed speckles and applied it with a stiff brush in short, quick bursts.

Good As New

When I was done, there was no way to tell that this statue had been damaged in any way.

For more details and the rest of the story behind this stacked animal statue, click that blue button below!

Kim  |Exquisitely Unremarkable

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 9 comments
Next