Can you identify this perennial ?

+20
q can you identify this perennial
q can you identify this perennial
  • Sharon noormand Sharon noormand on May 23, 2020

its green all year and comes back to flower yearly

• Lois Lois on May 23, 2020

It's violets!

• April Podhola April Podhola on May 23, 2020

Maybe clematis?

• Shelia Shelia on May 23, 2020

It may be Spiderwort.

• Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on May 23, 2020

Clip a piece off and take it to your local nursery. I've done that in the past.

• Dee Dee on May 23, 2020

They look like Wild pansy (Viola tricolor), also known as Johnny Jump up (though this name is also applied to similar species such as the yellow pansy), heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, or love-in-idleness, is a common European wild flower, growing as an annual or short-lived perennial.

It has been introduced into North America, where it has spread. It is the progenitor of the cultivated pansy, and is therefore sometimes called wild pansy; before the cultivated pansies were developed, "pansy" was an alternative name for the wild form. It can produce up to 50 seeds at a time. The flowers can be purple, blue, yellow or white.

• Gk Gk on May 23, 2020

Bellflower?

• Letha Letha on May 23, 2020

Wisteria

• Jan Clark Jan Clark on May 23, 2020

It does look like a variety of Viola to me.

• Krafty Mrs.K Krafty Mrs.K on May 23, 2020

To parody a country song , I may not know what is, but i know what it ain't. Wisteria and clematis are Vines. It doesn't have the right shaped petals or leaves for violets, or pansies like Johnny Jump ups so it isn't a member of the viola family.

Take a sample to a good local nursery or a state Ag Agency to properly ID this pretty plant

• Yvonne Yvonne on May 24, 2020

I did this once toke a sample to 3 different nurseries they said it was a weed I later found out it was flocks I must have killed $600.00 of it. I still have it everywhere

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on May 24, 2020

Hello I wish I could see the leaves better.

Could it be ballon flower

https://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com/perennials/balloon_flower/astra-semi-double-blue-balloon-flower-seeds.html

• Vikki Vikki on May 24, 2020

Definitely not a balloon flower, blooms are much smaller and do not open that way . I’ll try another photo, thanks!

• a larkspur perhaps?

• LA LA on May 24, 2020

Scaevola

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on May 24, 2020

is this a single plant?bushy?treelike? in shady/sunny location? where in country do you live?

• Kmo22682230 Kmo22682230 on May 26, 2020

indigo

• Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on May 26, 2020

Looks like a Columbine to me, but take a cutting to your local nursery. I had mine identify some bushes planted by the previous owner of the house.

• Oliva Oliva on May 26, 2020

You may have Kolkwitzia, or Beauty bush, but best to have it verified by a knowledgable nursery person. You don't see these very often in my area. They can grow 10' tall or more, do well in sun/part sun, are not water hogs, and are long lived.

In time, you may notice new shoots, at the base. Bees love this shrub.

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on May 27, 2020

I would take the photo into your local nursery