How do I clean glass shower doors with cornstarch & hydrogen peroxide?

+6
  • Dee Dee on May 24, 2020

I do not know how to clean with that, but I use a mixture of white vinegar, dawn and water and my glass doors sparkle and there is no mess with the cornstarch. You have to heat up one cup of vinegar the first time, then mix with about a 1/4 cup of dawn, shake it or mix to to combine. Fill spray bottle with water and shake again. If you have a hand held attachment in your shower, it makes it much easier to rinse. Spray, let sit for a few minutes, rinse and dry with a microfiber cloth.

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on May 24, 2020

I would love to find out about that too .. will for sure follow that link

• Mogie Mogie on May 24, 2020
    Corn Starch is a mild abrasive making it perfect to scrub your shower doors! Mix one part cornstarch with 2 parts dishwashing liquid and a cup of vinegar. Spray the door and rub down with a cleaning cloth. Rinse and you’re done!
  • Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on May 24, 2020

Make a past and get a scrubby and wash them with the past then rinse with hot water

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on May 24, 2020

Hi this is Peggy. I hope this helps you clean your shower doors sparkling clean.

How to Clean Every Nook and Cranny in Your Shower | HGTV

www.hgtv.com › Lifestyle › Clean and Organize

The cleaning experts at HGTV show you how to deep clean a shower and bathtub ... the use of oxygen-based bleach (hydrogen peroxide, sodium percarbonate or ... Glass doors rarely look as spot-free and crystal clear as they do in cleaning ... a powerful mix of glass (and mirror) cleaner that uses cornstarch, white vinegar, ...

• William William on May 25, 2020

How other Hometalkers did it

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=clean%20shower%20doors

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on May 26, 2020

I have tried all the DIY cleaners and had all but given up. Then I found a cleaner that works miracles. You do have to purchase it but it goes a long way. Wet & forget Shower. As long as you don't have marble, it is good for all other surfaces. I don't even have to scrub or clean my no slip rough surface shower any longer. It is amazing.

• I use a 50/50 mix of vinegar and dish soap, spray it on, let it sit but not too long as vinegar is bad for grout, do a light scrub and rinse.