Pella Between Glass Shades Screw Fixture?


Good Evening,

We have Pella pleated shades between our ground floor windows. They work fine, but the screw that holds the shade casing to the top of the inside glass pane has started to break - mostly through the nylon cords rubbing and melting the thread. I have googled to the best of my skills but cannot find the specific screw anywhere. The shades are very old (15 years +) so suspect they're not in production anymore. Has anyone got any suggestions on where to purchase them from, or alternatives?

I've attached a couple of pictures to show the problem and the screw guide.

Many thanks!


q pella between glass shades screw fixture

View of screw guide from front of glass.

q pella between glass shades screw fixture

View of screw guide from behind glass showing inside of top of shade mount and "washer" thing that grips screw.

q pella between glass shades screw fixture

Another from inside that shows the problem!

  10 answers
  • CJ CJ on May 24, 2020

    Hi Paul, have you tried contacting Pella? I think that plastic thing has deteriorated and become brittle so the pull cords are breaking through.

    Good luck!

  • Paul Paul on May 24, 2020

    Thanks CJ - I haven’t yet! That will be the next step but due to the age of the blinds and system I fear they won’t be able to help!

  • Flipturn Flipturn on May 24, 2020

    'Nothing to lose by trying. They might even have an improved design by now, or one made from rubber or silicone instead of the hard plastic.........

  • William William on May 25, 2020

    I agree. Pella would be the place to go. Those parts are basically OEM parts made for Pella.

  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on May 25, 2020

    I agree with the others that Pella is your best bet. They may surprise you! Good luck and stay safe!

  • We had a Pella door and their warranty and customer service was fantastic. I would call them first and see if they can help.

  • Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on May 25, 2020

    Check Pella website.

  • Homeroad Homeroad on May 25, 2020

    If you could get that off I would use a regular metal nut and glue it with E6000 in it's place. It seems to me it would do the same thing. You could even paint it if needed.

  • Best bet is to check with Pella first.

  • Jan Cella Jan Cella on Oct 21, 2020

    Pella doesn't supply these parts any longer. I am looking for them too, Have seen them on eBay....for a small fortune. Search eBay for: "Pella pleated shade mounting hardware, replacement fittings"

Your comment...