Outdoor DIY Grilling Station

$45

We recently purchased a small Solaire portable grill that would allow us to grill outdoors simply. However, we quickly realized that we didn't have anything to put the portable grill on. And we are still pretty much under "stay at home" orders here in southern Maine. Therefore, we rummaged up an old inexpensive dresser, some old shutters, and barn wood and created this adorable outdoor grilling station.

Inexpensive Dresser/Bureau

Removed the drawers, keeping with the bottom one and added a piece of wood to fit over the open drawer on the bottom.

Portable Grill

This small portable grill fit perfectly inside including a small gas can that works with this grill. We plan to store the grill here, cover it with the shutter doors and place it on top when we are ready to grill.

Shutter Doors

Found these shutters in the attic of my parent's home. We chose one for the doors and cut it and half.

Sanded down the one shutter

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Sanded down shutter pieces after cutting to fit opening of the dresser.

Sizing the shutters with brackets to fit the opening.

There were already brackets on the shutters, so we simply used what was on them already to attach to the dresser.

Paint

I painted the dresser an Essex Green, a paint we had on hand to match the trim and doors on our home.

Shutter Doors

We weren't certain about the burnt orange colored shutters. But when matched with the Essex Green, we decided to keep the color and are so happy we did. We then mounted the shutters to the opening with a piece of wood and the existing hinges.

Barn Wood

We found some old barn wood in a shed that my father used years ago to build a farm table for friends of ours back when we lived in Connecticut. The wood was from an old barn on their property dating back to the late 1700s. We knew instantly that it would be the perfect accent for the top. All it needed was a little sanding. Then we simply cut to fit the boards to the top and screwed the barn boards onto the top of the dresser.

Barnwood

The barn wood against the Essex Green had me swooning. And the orange doors... Luv them or leave them, but I thought they were really fun. And much prettier in person.

DIY Outdoor Grilling Station

The storage is perfect and so is the top for grilling. This was so simple to make and didn't cost us a dime. We used everything we already had from around the house. Oh, but we did buy the small portable Solaire grill:)

Outdoor DIY Grilling Station

This could also serve as a beverage station, serving table, or potting bench.

DIY Outdoor Grilling Station

Hope you like it!

Ann

• Teresa Wall

Actually I've got a peace I'm redoing to go on my patio this summer so yell it's in the works

• Shelly Jo Hostetler

This piece is truly inspiring! I love everything about it! The convenient storage in the single bottom drawer (keeping things handy, yet out-of-sight) and how beautifully the elements' contrasting colors & textures combine for a truly exceptional look: the earthy green of the cabinet & drawers, the louvered shutters' warm rusty hue and the raw, unfinished barn-wood of the top that's weathered to a shade that reminds me of driftwood. Together, these create a look that's so pleasing to the eye!