Found 2 old tomey paddle sewing machines

Becky at Flipping the FlipKathy Gunter LawKen Erickson
+2

I couldn't leave em. They are rusted all to hell but I loaded em up anyway. I'll try to upload a pic but Help me here. These are jems I don't know even where to start. heavy sanding and rechroming????

• Unique Creations By Anita

There should be a small camera next to the comment box, click on there and upload the picture. Cant wait to see them.

• Ken Erickson

I would treat metal parts after removing them - if possible. Naval Jelly can help get rust off and a wire wheel on a drill will help remove. Metal can be painted with spray paint, but if original is chrome, then you may want to re-chrome if you are trying to do original restoration.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Try a stiff wire brush and then a lubricant (naval jelly/wd40) or I've even heard use Coca-Cola to soak and remove rust. You might seal it "natural" if you can get it down to just a small amount of rust.

Another option might be to sandblast it, if you want an easier way and should be very costly.

• Try cleaning up the metal carefully with a wire brush. Coke will take forever and in fact then speed up corrosion. Chrome is quite expensive to do; if that’s your end plan, check with chroming companies to see how best to prep it.