Vintage Tin Garden Mushrooms

$5

This adorable garden project began in the workshop, but even before that it started many years ago in someone's kitchen.

We have been staying home a lot lately and I've been looking for ways to decorate my garden with things I have at home.

I searched the basement and came up with a whole bunch of vintage measuring cups and tins that once, years ago, were found in someone's kitchen.

Some of the tins had handles so I cut them off with a wire cutter. I painted the tins red with craft paint. I gave them 2 coats.

When the red paint dried I painted white spots all over the tins.

The next step was to gather a bunch of driftwood sticks I've been hanging onto.

I made a large puddle of hot glue in the bottom of each tin then held a driftwood stick into the glue until it started to cool.

I sprayed the mushrooms with a coat of satin sealer for protection from the elements.

A little while later they were planted in my garden. These cute little mushrooms were so easy to make and the driftwood stems made them even better.

You can read all about this and more at Homeroad.net. While you're there please sign up for the emails so I can send my latest DIY tutorial straight to you!

For more easy and inexpensive garden projects please visit this bold link.

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Homeroad

• Pamela - DIY vibes

This is so clever!! Adorable!

• Hrdwrknlady

Thank you for sharing! I make mine from glass, crystal, plastic, whatever. I used a clear vase, filled it with colored glass stones, glued a glass candy dish on top. After it dried, i glued a kids toy grasshopper on top and now sits in my moms garden. These are fun to make! Im going to try your idea and i have everything to make it! Thanks again!