Vintage Tin Garden Mushrooms

$5

This adorable garden project began in the workshop, but even before that it started many years ago in someone's kitchen.

We have been staying home a lot lately and I've been looking for ways to decorate my garden with things I have at home.

I searched the basement and came up with a whole bunch of vintage measuring cups and tins that once, years ago, were found in someone's kitchen.

Some of the tins had handles so I cut them off with a wire cutter. I painted the tins red with craft paint. I gave them 2 coats.

When the red paint dried I painted white spots all over the tins.

The next step was to gather a bunch of driftwood sticks I've been hanging onto.

I made a large puddle of hot glue in the bottom of each tin then held a driftwood stick into the glue until it started to cool.

I sprayed the mushrooms with a coat of satin sealer for protection from the elements.

A little while later they were planted in my garden. These cute little mushrooms were so easy to make and the driftwood stems made them even better.

You can read all about this and more at Homeroad.net. While you're there please sign up for the emails so I can send my latest DIY tutorial straight to you!

For more easy and inexpensive garden projects please visit this bold link.

Homeroad

• Pamela - DIY vibes

This is so clever!! Adorable!

• Hrdwrknlady

Thank you for sharing! I make mine from glass, crystal, plastic, whatever. I used a clear vase, filled it with colored glass stones, glued a glass candy dish on top. After it dried, i glued a kids toy grasshopper on top and now sits in my moms garden. These are fun to make! Im going to try your idea and i have everything to make it! Thanks again!

• Homeroad

I bet yours are amazing and I’m so happy to hear you like mine and are going to try it!! Have fun!!! Visit my blog at Homeroad.net 😊