Installing Laminate Flooring The Easy Way

$200
1 Day

UPDATE YOUR OUTDATED FLOORING THE BUDGET SAVVY WAY BY INSTALLING LAMINATE FLOORING. ITS SO SIMPLE & EASY TO INSTALL, ITS THE PERFECT WAY TO REFRESH A ROOM WITHOUT SPENDING A FORTUNE!

Supplies

Supplies:

• Laminate Flooring
  • Underlayment
  • Laminate Block
  • Hammer
  • Miter Saw/Circular Saw
  • Jig Saw

Before

Obviously, step #1 is to rip out your current flooring. In our case, it was this dark carpet.

Removing Carpet/Find Out How Much Flooring You Will Need

Make sure to pull out any staples that are left behind & sweep the floor. Next, its time to measure how much flooring you will need. Measure the length & width of the room, then multiply those two numbers together. That will equal your total square footage

Laying Underlayment

For laminate flooring, it is important to lay down an underlayment if it is not already attached to your pieces. This is such a simple process just cut it to fit with scissors & lay it across the entire room. After the underlayment is down its time to pick a wall to start laying your laminate. There are a couple of ways to do this but I always start at the wall that is most predominant in the room. If you have shoe molding that should be removed first, this room didn’t have any

Clicking The Flooring Together

The best part of this flooring is that it simply clicks together with the help of a laminate flooring block & hammer. It was easiest for me to start by clicking it in on top, then hammering it in on the side, but find what works best for you

Harder Cuts

For cutting angled walls like the one above you can use a miter saw or circular saw. For cuts around molding, I recommend using a jigsaw.

Ta-Da

And just keep going & going & going until your room is fabulous & complete! This flooring made such a huge impact on a super budget-savvy price. This space feels so much larger & brighter already.

Lia with Southern Yankee DIY

• Cindy Nalini Sarran

Was there a trim piece at the end where the floor ends or transitions to another floor type?

• Hi Donna! Yes in my house also the walls are not straight, but my sister's home is a new build & we got lucky with a good builder making sure things were square!

• Sandra Transom

What if your concrete floor under the carpet is not level, how do you go about laying laminate on it.

• Flipturn

If the concrete floor is not even, the laminate flooring pieces will not stay in position without popping up.

One way to get the concrete level is to grind down the high spots. But this is a very dirty, noisy, job any way to slice it!

• Trish Davenport

I just might try this project. I have a mud room that has a painted floor with scatter rugs. It never looks as neat as I want. Maybe it is time for some vinyl plank flooring. Thanks for your advice on installation.

• Reese

we used the exact same flooring in are bathroom. I love how soft and smooth it is