Farmhouse French Provincial Coffee Table

$50

You have seen me do this combo before here on my Hometalk page. It is such a classic combo that fits almost any decor.Pop over to my blog for more free home decor and furniture tutorials. Be sure to subscribe if you like what you see to get all my tutorials delivered to your inbox!
Find a piece and scrub it well
Step one as always scrub it up well to removes the past dust and grime.
Strip the old finish off
Step two, strip the top back to bare wood with chemical stripper and putty knife, There are videos on my detailed blog tutorial as well that might help .
Sand to bare wood
Step three; sand to remove remaining stain and smooth the wood.
Stain wood
Fusion Mineral Paint's Stain & Finishing Oil in cappuccino was wiped on to get this rich dark stain. Two coats were applied once the first dried then 3 more coats of the natural SFO was applied. These coats go on thin and layer to give an increased sheen as you add a layer and add durability.
Paint the table base
The table base was painted one of my favorite warm whites: Champlain from Fusion Mineral Paint.I used this pointed sash Staalmeester paint brush perfect to get in the nooks and crannies as well as create a nice straight line along the edges.
Distress the base
Using a sanding sponge the entire base was sanded smooth and edges and areas distressed to keep the vintage vibe.
Add dark wax
Last step was to further add age back into the piece using  Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax 
Close up
This combo is such perfection for a classic finish for years of use
Look at the wood grain
Just look at that wood grain, so beautiful

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Creative Moments

• Cheryl
    Cheryl

I commented below and again just so stunning. I have a kitchen table that I would love to try this color combo on. I’m not sure if the top is actual wood. Any suggestions on doing this with other types of faux wood? Can I use the same paint?

• Creative Moments
      Creative Moments

Hi Cheryl

First I would find out if your top is wood. It can be wood veneer too and if so yes the stain oil finish will work on it. If it is laminate it would be a bit more of a challenge but for sure could be painted. Did you go to the detailed tutorial linked at the end of this post?

• Judy Walding
    Judy Walding

Beautiful! Inspired, I've want to do my kitchen table for several years but all instructions prior seemed way to detailed for me, a novice. Your table is exactly what I want for mine. I believe I can do this. THANK YOU!

• Creative Moments
      Creative Moments

Thank you Judy for that, I love to share what I learn in hopes of inspiring others, this makes my heart happy to hear. Good luck. Follow my blog for more detailed tutorials and you can also search more of this look as I have done it many times.

• Cwilly
    Cwilly

Beautiful. Did you stain the legs dark too before painting them white? The recessed area of the leg looks darker.