Ten-Minute Painted Terracotta Pots

$3

Hi! It's Jess from Jessica Welling Interiors! I recently did a re-potting marathon with many of my indoor plants. A lot of them were outgrowing their planters, some have been making babies during quarantine, etc. But big planters are expensive! And I need a lot of them for the indoor jungle I'm working on over here. So I got some very inexpensive terracotta pots, and added a bit of modern flair.

Today I have a quick and ultra-easy project for you. And I'm not just saying that... each of these pots literally took me five minutes! Let's get to it!

Supplies

Start with a basic terracotta pot. This one has a little more modern feel since it doesn't have the ridge around the top. But any kind will work for this.

Tape the Pot

I used Frog Tape to mask off triangles along the bottom of this pot. I used scissors to trim the tape where necessary, and ran along the edges of the paint with my fingernail to be sure it was adhered.

Apply Paint

I used a small artist's brush to apply a thin layer of white acrylic craft paint to the triangles. I started each brush stroke on top of the Frog Tape, and moved toward the exposed pot. This helps create clean lines.

Remove Tape

I let everything dry for a few minutes, and then carefully removed the Frog Tape before it was completely dry. As you can see, the lines are very sharp and crisp!

The paint dries very quickly, but I would let it sit and cure for a few days before adding soil and plants. Or better yet, add an artificial plant that you won't have to water!

That's It!

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Jessica Welling Interiors

• Mary Coakley

Lovely design I.wonder.can you do the.same to plastic pots terracotta pots cost the earth here in Ireland

• Ssssssssss

I love this! Can"t wait to try it....Thank you for the idea