Faux Leather Hanging Straps for a Gallery Wall

$10

I’ve seen a trend of leather straps hanging beautiful high end picture frames and really loved the look, however, couldn’t justify the price.. so I created my own take on it.

You’ll need thumb tacks, realeather leather trim pieces. I got mine at hobby lobby.

Measure your straps

I measured out my straps to be 1.5” wide.

i marked 1.5” both at the top and bottom of my leather piece then used my level to draw a straight line between them.

This is what my leather looked like after I had it all measured and marked.

After cutting my leather strips i folded the straps in half then used a small amount of blue loctite to secure the top together.

Apply the blue loctite

As a side note, you could use a hot glue gun or even double sided tape. This step is to keep the tops together and straight.

Pinch the top together

Using a push pin through the center of the top of your leather strip, push it into the wall centered about your photo.

I used smaller excess leather ‘straps’ on this set of photos in our living room to give them a more custom look.

• Leather Sheet  (Hobby lobby)
  • Gold push pins  (Hobby lobby)
  • Loctite fun tac  (Hobby lobby)

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Memorial Day Crafts
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!

• Mel

I love the multiple frame look - so beautiful!

• Hope

Hi...

Soooo...the leather straps are for show only..? You don't actually hang the pics from them..?

• Betty Seabolt

Are the leather straps for looks only? How did you hang the pictures on the wall?

• Flipturn

The pictures are hung on the wall in the 'normal' way that frames of this size and weight are hung on a wall. Although there are no pictures to show the back of the frames, I would guess that they are hung up either with a shark tooth bar, or a wire on a nail.

The tabs are then mounted on the wall in between the frames, with the bottoms tucked under the tops of the frames, (refer to picture #7) to make it look like the tabs are holding the frames up.

• Bren

I’m definitely going to give this a try. I’ve had a swatch of leather in my basement for sometime not knowing what to do with it. Now I know.

• Flower girl

One picture by itself didnt make sense to me, but the multiple hanging works better, I think.