Exterior Feature Wall

$20

A simple way to add a refresh on the exterior of your home.

The before

It was a blank slate waiting for a refresh!

Materials

1x2x8

air nailer or drill

paint or stain

a rag/old sock to apply the stain

First step is to know how many boards you need! I used 6 boards to cover the space I needed. To figure this out I took the space I needed them for and divided it by an even amount so every 6”! The amount you need will depend on your spacing that your going for do the cost can also change.

Step 2

Once your amount of boards are calculated I marked the wall out in the center as well as where the board should go.

Step 3

Stain then or paint them! I decided to stain them using a gel and a oil based stain to get my desired color! After this I measured out the center of each board to be able to make the boards match up with the measurement on the wall.

Step 4

After the boards are dry I used an air nailer to nail on the centre of the board and used the level to make sure the boards where straight at all points! If you are using a drill it is a good idea to pre drill so that the boards are less likely to crack.

Finished

Complete, a simple way to add some curb appeal and some texture to your house.

Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 17 comments
  • Patsy47 Patsy47 on Jun 07, 2021

i had to re- read it several times to figure out WHERE exactly you were doing the treatment....BAM! saw the last pic and it all became crystal clear!! very nicely done...simple,effective and not overly costly!😀😁

• Happy Days Hometalker Happy Days Hometalker on Jun 07, 2021

Very nice it does add to the curb appeal .

Next