Pretty Botanical Ice Cubes

$3

I gave my ice cubes a little something extra using edible flowers and herbs from the garden.

I wanted to add a pretty and inexpensive touch for an afternoon party with some of my girlfriends. I started with a silicone ice cube tray I found at Homegoods. Next I snipped some herbs from the garden. I wanted a little more color variety and decided to use flowers. I looked up a few of the flowers in my garden to see which were edible and snipped some of those as well.

I chose mint leaves, lavender, rosemary, catmint, peony buds and scented geraniums. All of these are edible so should be both beautiful and safe additions! There are a lot of edible flowers so you can change up the color combo to suit your taste.

I simply added water about 2/3 full on the trays and added small snips of the plants to each. I tried to make sure they were submerged in the water because they all wanted to float at first.

Then I put the tray in the freezer and froze the ice cubes as normal. I just let mine freeze overnight so I knew they were completely frozen.

Since I just had one silicone tray that was the shape of an actual cube, I stored the finished cubes in a plastic container and repeated the process until I had enough. The regular trays would work as well but I love the shape of these cubes. Just a little different!

Finally, I added the cubes to my favorite highballs and added my favorite summer drinks! The extra cubes look beautiful in the ice bucket. I think these would be great for a garden party or just a fun afternoon refreshment!

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer

• Beverly Murr Sterling

Where did you purchase those glasses?

• Sandra

Nice cubes and colorful addition to jazz things up a bit.

on another note...will miss Pier 1 😔

• Glenna

A fun refreshment? Add summer drinks? Are you saying to drink this before the cubes melt and you won't swallow flowers?

• Glenna

I'm sorry that I didn't notice the word "edible" in your description/instructions for making those lovely ice cubes. I admire your creativity. Keep up the good work!