Dollar Store Apothecary Drawers

$10

This has to be one of my favorites! I’m so glad the Dollar Store started to carry wooden items. This is such a cute shelf for only $10.

What you’ll need to make this:

4 wood boxes

4 drawer pulls (Wish)

Fence board

Wood glue

To start with, I pulled out all of the drawers.

I then lined them up and glued all the sides together in a line.

Making sure they are all straight at the front and the top.

Then I added glue to the top of all the boxes and cut a piece of fence board to fit over it. All I had was the top that had the dog ears on one end so I did the same to the other end so it matched.

I then placed that on top.

And then I placed a couple of heavy items on top until it dried.

I then stained the fronts of the drawers with Provincial Stain by Minwax and screwed the drawer pulls on each drawer.

I put the drawers back in and then stained the top board.

I just love it! It’s so cute and can be used in the kitchen for tea bags or any little fun items. What do you think? See more on Gilbert marketplace on

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter

• Laurie S

I’ve never purchased anything from Wish. I’ve been afraid to since my son in law bought 3 tailored shirts and all fit with the exception of one thing....all the sleeves only came to his elbows!! 🤣🤣 Lol!!

It was a shame because everything else about the shirts was spot on....except for those (almost cute...Lol!!) sleeves...(obviously we all still get a good laugh about it)

So Shelly, have you ever had any issues like that crop up??

Beautiful work and GREAT idea!! 💗💗

• Sherylllynette

Does he like short-sleeved shirts? He could just whack off the short part and hem the sleeve! 😛 or have a tailor do it fast.

• Sandra Bratcher Salinas

How did you cover the decorative holes ?

• Willow Silverweaver

I will definitely be trying this project! I have a ton of small wooden cutouts (flowers, hearts and whatnot) I'm going to try attaching a small drawer pull to the cutouts and glue them over the cutouts on the drawers.

• Diane

Did you turn them around? Where did the holes go??

• Judy Benner

Went to dollar tree to find them and all they had were little like crates. I wonder how to find a dollar tree that has them. We are in Albuquerque NM by the way

• Elle

This is actually really cute, and super useful. I made a similar looking holder from a child’s jewelry box-found the instructions on Pinterest and the same kind of jewelry box on eBay for $6. But I need a little more storage for desk supplies. This would match. Plus, I can set my laptop up in it when I’m in Zoom meetings; we all know if the camera is eye-level or lower, you get the 2+ chin effect. This looks like it will give you a better angle! 😝