Asked on Jun 2, 2020

How to keep Chase cushion from leaning? It tilts down at t?

Kathy Gunter LawFlipturnWilliam
+4

How can I keep my long chase cushion from leaning sideways? It tilts down at the part where you put your feet (The side furthest from the arm of the couch. Is there something I can put under That side of the cushion or add inside the zippered part?

• Mogie

You could add velcro to the cushion and the chase. That way you can still take the cushion off and wash it.

• Cindy

Hi Julie. Trying to think outside the box. You could use magnets to keep the cushion in its place. You could glue the magnets inside the fabric using a strong adhesive like Gorilla Glue. Good luck Julie. Hoping all is well with you.

• Julie

It’s not sliding off, but tilting down on one side. Like the cushion inside the zipper Med cover is wearing down on that one side, and it’s only 2 years old. I can’t turn it over because it won’t fit any other way.

• It’s just looking smushed at one end? Is it foam or fiber filled? If it’s foam, maybe try manipulating it around. If it’s fiber fill, try adding more fill. It could be there’s a problem with it, maybe have an upholsterer replace the insides.

I agree with Becky. Adding foam or fiber fill is the best solution.

• Flipturn

To have most longevity, upholstery foam must be the right thickness and density for the function of the particular piece of furniture.

From how you describe the problem, I would say that the foam filler inside your chaise cushion is not dense enough to withstand the constant weight and pressure of the feet on it.

https://foamonline.com/blog/differences-similarities-between-foam-density-weight-firmness/

• Kathy Gunter Law

Try adding fasteners to the back side. Ties or hook & look (velcro) would work.