Updated Beach Vibe for This Vintage Coffee Table

$35

This vintage solid wood coffee table was planned in a different look but the end result of plan B was even better then the original. The beachy finish was done using almost all milk paint to create.

Before

Start with a vintage solid wood coffee table. Great bones but it has a worn old finish, some dings and just tooo dark for this millennium.

Sand top down

The old finish was removed by sanding the top to the bare wood using my orbital sander. Then the entire pieces was scrubbed inside and out and upside down and left to dry well.

Milk paint it

The base was painted in layers of milk paint; 2 coats of miss mustard seed in marzipan then a coat of limestone milk paint from Homestead House. All was sanded with a sanding sponge smooth and edges distressed then sealed in clear wax. Black wax and grey wax were added to the edges and detailing to make it pop.

Speaking of pop.. Pop over to my blog for more free home decor and furniture tutorials. Be sure to sign up for the FREE emailed tutorial subscription.

Plan B for the top

I was not a fan of the sanded top with the white oil, the wood was too orange so I layered on dark grey, black and warm white milk paints blending with a spray mister.

Blending of milk paint complete

The colors of milk paint blended perfectly now must dry. Once dry the top was sanded with a sanding sponge.

Look at the coloring

See how the blended milk paint colors made for a perfect driftwood look?

To seal the top I applied 2 coats of clear poly. There is an in depth tutorial linked at the end of this post.

Hardware updated

The original hardware was updated using satin nickel spray paint

Finished and gorgeous

This vintage cutie was sold within an hour of posting.. I just love it when a plan B is better then the first plan :)

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Creative Moments