Asked on Jun 3, 2020

Roots from external trees damaging my patio

JaniceBetsyDee
+18

Hi,

Roots from external trees outside my boundary are damaging my patio. they have kind of made its way to paved bricks and uneven them creating lot of ups/downs in the patio surface area and lifted the bricks in the pavement similar to the photo attached (not my patio but the lift is higher) . Also the roots are popping out in the garden as well in between my vegetable garden and probably eating the nutrients I have for the vegetable garden.

Also there may be multiple trees which are outside my patio area and not just one , plus they all belong to county not to our society so it may not be easy to cut them.

Is there a way i can get rid of them or control the further damage while protecting my existing crop.

Also what may be some of the future consequences if I do not take any action and let the roots grow.